Happy New Year 2011!!!!!

Well It has been awhile since I have blogged.  But I really do have good reason this time.  2010 has been one heck of a year.  I am not sure if any of you read my New Year's resolutions but if you have been waiting a year now to see how I did (I know you have been checking on me day and night since January 1- LOL!) but drumroll please........ I am happy to say I am 6/12s a better person!  I am sure you are like What?  What is that exclamation point for.  That girl is craaazy.  She only made half her goals.  Well I am here to tell you that 12 goals are really hard!  I mean, in reality to think that only one month to become a gourmet chef was going to fly and then start working on another goal was JUST RIDICULOUS!!  But I am proud of the goals I did accomplish.  I set 12 goals and at least worked on half of them!  That is a win to me! I am closer to Michael.  Maybe not because we made it on so many dates, but because I listened more and the times we did make time for ourselves we made sure it was about us.  That's all I'll say about that.  I am 15 pounds lighter.  Woo hoo!  I won't discuss the muscle mass I lost once winter came but am slowly working on it ;)  I learned how to play Farkle, joined a Bunco group, play Apples to Apples and am pretty mean on the Wii.  I am often also a student in Bella and Ellie's Gravatt Elementary School.  And Sometimes I have to even be the principal.  Ellie always has to be the student yadi yada yada!  I attended a couple basketball games with my older girls (that's play to me ;)  And this year, in honor of my studio mates, The Solars, we are going to have some fun fests.  What is fun fest you say?  Well, it is just awesome fun with your kids.  Take a gander if you would like to, but I warn you, I cried.  Solar Family Fun Fest
I also took a big step on the business side........which can I say incorporated March goals and organization goals ;)

For those of you who don't know, I am co-studio mates with 4 other fabulous photographers.  The are awesome people and this has truly been a life changing decision.  I can't say enough about each and every single one of them .  Josh, Jenny, Kelley and Ali are four photographers who are friends, mentors, rockstars of photography, and I am blessed to have had them walk in my life when they did.  Each came in at different times, but I am a better person for it.

Since the start of the my joining the studio, all I can say is wow!  I hung on tight and enjoyed the ride.  I empoyed a Studio Manager/Assistant, Jacob Tarwater, who I can't say enough about and what he has brought to Nicole Renee.  Thank you.

2011 is going to be a great year at Nicole Renee.  I already am in the throws of a special promotion Burlesque that is quite the hit and in February am heading the Vegas with thousands of other photographers for WPPI.  It is going to be a blast.  All of us at The Studio are going with the exception of Kelley, because she is working on bringing a little baby dino into the world.  :)  Soon I will be working on a new website and fun stuff like that.  It is maddening to think of all that needs to be done!!

I hope that 2011 brings to everyone what they want out of it.  Set some goals.  They can't be reached if you don't set them!  Dream a little.  Play a little.  Laugh a lot!  I know I am going to!

Peace and Blessings!

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. NIkki, I cannot agree anymore that 2010 was CRAZY! It was a lot of fun but very crazy and busy. wanted to say thank you for the kind comments that you made about joining me in with Nicole Renee. I have had such a great time. It is fun and such a learning experience. I cannot wait for the furthering of this year to see what it holds for both Nicole Renee and myself as aspiring to take on the photo world. I just hope I have the same support and help that you have had. Can't wait for our season to start up and just take off as much as it can. GOOD LUCK to all the Studio mates and especially Nicole Renee Photography!

    ReplyDelete